Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Upcoming Wedding

soo..I am recently engaged and I am so excited! I can't believe it's been 6 months now. June 14th 2014 is the big day and now that it is basically a year away, time is really going to go by fast! It is a day I have always looked forward to since I was a little girl. Bobby and I met in college and we have been together for 3 and a half years now. We aren't alike in too many ways, we are more different from each other than similar. I think that's a good thing because the things I am, he's not and the things that I'm not, he is. We balance each other out. We have had our ups and downs, but we love each other very much. We are best friends and I wouldn't change that for anything. The only issue we have is location. He is from Gnadenhutten, Ohio and I am from Marion. Every summer we are two and a half hours away from each other, and it is awful! I don't see how people who have spouses in the military deal with. I really don't think I could. Now that we are engaged, finishing up school, and getting jobs, we need a place to live together after the wedding. He got a job back in his hometown and I'm stuck at home finishing up school. This means when I am doe with school in December, I will have to move there. Away from my family. I am very close to my family..especially with my mom. I never thought I would live two hours away from her, but it looks like that's what is going to happen. Bobby got a really nice job right out  of college, and that doesn't happen very often. I just don't know how I am going to deal with being away from my family. My main issue is when we have kids. Every woman wants to have her mom there to help her with the new baby and be close by. Bobby will be my husband and his job is to provide for his family and that's what he is doing. It will be an adjustment, but everything will be ok. My family will be able to come visit anytime they like. There are some people out there who have to live across the country away from their family. Two hours shouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully by the time the wedding comes we will have a place of our own :) Well that's it for tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment